The Honorary Doctor of Philosophy award conferred by Kesmonds International University (KIU) is a vocation-centric certification, meant to acknowledge and appreciate outstanding individuals who have made significant contributions to their community, at both national and international level, and to a specialized field of knowledge and competency. Candidates who qualify for KIU’s Doctor of Philosophy Honorary award are carefully selected high profile, senior individuals, who have served multitudes of people in a specific field of expertise. They are impact players who have brought about significant positive changes to their respective communities through education development, human capital development, and relevant policy development. The education qualification, along with professional experience already possessed by these fine candidates serve as additional boost to his/her profile during our selection process, characterized by stringent scrutiny and thorough evaluation of candidates.
To date, we have globally honored and recognized selected members of the Royal Family, Outstanding Entrepreneurs, Technocrats, Philanthropists, Diplomats, and other very prominent individuals with our esteemed Honorary Doctorate award. Professionals who hold KIU’s Honorary awards typically hail from countries like the US, the UK, Cameroon, Somalia, Australia, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Sultanate of Oman, Nepal, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates, Chad, Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, and many more. The degree is the highest honorary award conferred by the Kesmonds International University of America. An honorary degree may be awarded to an individual who has achieved acknowledged eminence in cultural affairs, in public service, or in a field of knowledge and scholarship. In all cases, reasonable endowments are expected from prospective honorees.
Kesmonds International University of America awards the following honorary degrees:
- Doctor of Letters
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Doctor of Laws
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Doctor of Divinity
- Doctor of Public Administration
- Doctor of Medical Sciences
- Doctor of Community Service Leadership
- Doctor of Public Administration
- Doctor of Microfinance Administration
- Doctor of Family Management
- Doctor of Public Policy
- Doctor of Political Science
- Doctor of Science
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Theology
- Doctor of Arts
- Doctor of Humanities
- Doctor of Education
- Doctor of Healthcare Administration
- Doctor of Public Health
- Doctor of Psychology
- Doctor of Plant Medicine
- Doctor of Technological Sciences
- Doctor of Media Studies
- Doctor of Engineering (with specializations)
- Doctor of Real Estate Management Education etc.
The President of the University or a designated representative confers honorary degrees. The University awards limited honorary degrees annually. Recipients of honorary degrees need not have been educated at or otherwise associated with Kesmonds International University of America. It is suggested that a recommendation that a person be considered for an honorary degree should be submitted in a timely manner. The eventual conferral of an honorary doctorate of the University honoris causa shall be evidenced by a Testamur issued under the Seal of the university. It shall entitle the person on whom it is conferred to membership of Convocation and the right to wear the Academic Dress approved for that Honorary Award. Moreover, the honoree may by letter exercise the right to refer to himself/herself as “Doctor” and permit others to do so.
KESMONDS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- A written Application Letter Addressed to the President Kesmonds International University
- Copy of National ID or passport of the candidate
- Postal address of candidate
- Telephone, fax and email of candidate
- Website address (if any)
- Date and place of birth
- All additional educational credentials that the candidate achieve
- All licenses, certifications and professional credentials have been achieved
- What is the candidate’ present place of employment, profession or position?
- What is the primary career/professional achievements of the candidate toward the betterment of the society?
- Are there any personal and voluntary contributions made by the candidate toward the betterment of the community?
- List additional awards the candidate has received.
- List three prominent “known” individuals (including their full contact information) who can attest to the ethical character, and the depth of contribution of the candidate toward the betterment of the society.
- Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for eligibility verification
- Application fee of $5000 or equivalent material support to the university (library, and laboratories etc.)
It must be noted that only in exceptional cases shall an Honorary Award be: conferred in absentia, awarded posthumously, awarded to politicians in office or anyone with a direct influence on the operations of the university; awarded to members of the community with a current pecuniary interest in the university.
Provide clean copies of all supportive documents § Provide two passport photographs of the candidate. Put the materials in a binder with a signed cover letter, and send to:
President Kesmonds International University of America Honors Committee at the Office of the President Kesmonds International University of America KIU America, Delaware Inc, Harvard Business Services. 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes Delaware DE 19958 USA.